Tuesday, 29 April 2008
My new sugar nellie stamps arrived this morning and before too long they were inked up and well used. At last I got some crafting done today in between beginning my class' reports, but only because I am off work with conjunctivitis. I'm hoping to go back to work tomorrow if the doctor says that I can. Fingers crossed! I'm really pleased with how these cards have turned out - a good purchase! Also spent some time in the garden with Lewis this afternoon enjoying the sunshine as we haven't seen much sun so far this year.
Sunday, 27 April 2008
I have received some fabulous candy from Kath at the end of last week but unfortunately with Lewis being ill haven't gotten around to posting it. She also sent me such a sweet card - it's gorgeous! Thank you! I can't wait to get a bit of time to myself to experiment!
Kath has a fantastic blog candy giveaway at the moment to celebrate reaching 5000 hits on her blog. All you need to do is to visit her site and leave a comment and you'll be in with a chance of winning one of three fabulous prizes. You have until the 10th May to enter - so don't delay!
Some more fabulous candy arrived from Tracy on Thursday. I can't wait to get tinkering with my prismas and sansador on all of the lovely stamped images she sent me, amongst other things. A very generous package. Thank you!
I am in the process of packaging my pif candy winners goodies at the moment, so they will be in the post tomorrow. I'm so sorry for the long delay ladies but hopefully they'll be worth it when they arrive!
My new stamps from Panduro arrived also last week and I have been tinkering with those this morning so will be posting some cards made with those soon. They are so cute!
I purchased some of the new Sugar Nellie stamps on Friday from Funky Kits so hopefully they will arrive some time later in the week!
Saturday, 26 April 2008
While I have been missing in action the past week, I've been tagged by the lovely Zoe. I haven't been tagged before so I was intrigued as to what I would find on Zoe's site when I arrived and thankfully discovered that the questions weren't too tricky to answer as I think my brain might have a bit of difficulty coping after the frantic week I've had!
1. If a movie was being made of your life who would you like to be cast to play yourself? and why? I would chose Michelle Pfiffer as she played a teacher who tried her best to give her students a great start in life in the film Dangerous Minds and I'd like to think that that's what I do most days!
2. You are spending a whole month on a dessert island for charity and you have to choose your favourite celebrity to spend the first two weeks with & your least favourite celebrity to spend the second two weeks with, who would they be & why? I would chose George Clooney first of all to spend the first two weeks with as he is great eye candy and I wouldn't get bored looking at him. My second two weeks would be spent with ........... I can't seem to think of one at the moment!
3. What are your three favourite crafting products? That's a difficult one! I'd have to say prismas, goregeous papers and ribbon at the moment!
4. If you could invent something to do anything what do you think it would be?
5. What are the last three books that you read? It has been a while since I have read any book as I don't get the time unfortunately, unless I am on a long holiday from work but the last book I read was The Timekeeper's Daughter which was fantastic. I couldn't put it down and recommend it to you if you haven't already read it yourself. I spend my time reading books to Lewis instead who adores books particularly ones featuring trains from Thomas the Tank or Bob the Builder!
6. Qvc or create & Craft? QVC although to be honest I have only seen it a few times!
7. Docrafts or Dovecraft or DCWV? It has to be DCWV.
8. What is your claim to fame? Dancing with Wayne Sleep quite a number of years ago at a Teacher's Day of Dance. He was amazing to watch!
Now I need to pass this on to 5 others...so many people to choose from. I'm going to choose some of my SBS 15 sisters:
I'll look forward to reading your answers.
Thursday, 17 April 2008
I have discovered that I have won some more PIF candy! This is a great idea and it is such a lovely surprise when the postie arrives at your door with the package that someone has very kindly sent to you, just for visiting their blog and leaving a comment. If you haven't taken part, you really must try it! I have been lucky enough to win some candy from Kath who was the very first person to visit my blog and is a very talented fellow Scot. You should go and check out her work as she has just been selected for the Funky Hand Design Team so huge congratulations to her. I have also won some candy from Sharon and Richelle, two other great ladies with brilliant blogs. I am in the midst of preparing my own PIF candy for the six lucky ladies who won on my own blog. Don't worry ....... I haven't forgotten about you and it should be with you soon. I will be doing some more PIF candy soon as a result of winning this new candy so keep checking back!
I have also discovered some great giveaways on other blogs I have visited tonight and thought I'd let you know about them so you can visit and enter yourself. That is, if you haven't done it already! You can win the complete set of the very latest studio G stamps, 15 in total, and a rather nice set of Rhona Farrer flower and butterfly to celebrate 15,000 hits on Enfys' blog, just by leaving a comment on her blog by the 23rd April.
Tracie-Jane is offering some Pink Cat Studio stamps to celebrate her birthday. All you have to do is visit her blog and leave a comment and then provide a link from your blog to hers. You have until the 30th April to enter.
Katharina is offering an original Hänglar and Stänglar stamp as well as some other stamped images to celebrate her 30th birthday which is today. These stamps are so cute and very hard to come by! You'll no doubt have seen some wonderful creations on other people's blogs who are so lucky to own these! All you have to do to enter is to subscribe to Katharina's newsletter, link her blog to your blogroll, leave her a comment on her blog and write a post about her blog candy on your own blog. So don't delay, go and visit and wish her a very happy birthday! You have until 25th April to enter.
Thursday, 10 April 2008
Tuesday, 8 April 2008
This is indeed a question I had to ask myself tonight as I had a major cardmaking disaster. I started to make another birthday card for my son's friend Paul but it didn't quite turn out the way that I had expected or hoped! So this was the end result, not as good as I'd hoped that it would be but never mind. Hopefully he'll like it as he is a Bob fan.
Sunday, 6 April 2008
I would like to say a huge thank you to Tracey who sent me this wonderful card and blog candy yesterday. I am really looking forward to having a play with them, especially the stamped Magnolia images as I have been looking to buy some of these recently. As I have been lucky enough now to win two lots of PIF (Pass It Forward) blog candy as I won some from another Tracy a few weeks ago, I am going to offer some PIF candy to the first 6 bloggers who comment on this post. If you are lucky enough to win some candy from me, you then have to offer some PIF candy on your own blog in return.
Thursday, 3 April 2008
Nikki is offering the chance to win fab blog candy to celebrate 15,000 visits to her blog. What do you need to do to have a chance of winning I hear you ask? It’s very simple ………. All you need to do is visit her blog and leave a comment and then provide a link from your blog to hers. The winner will be drawn on Monday 7th April! Go on……….. Good luck!Nikki's Cards and News
Emma at the moment lives in Gibraltar but will soon be making her way to Scotland. Yipee! Her blog is here: Emma
I now have the opportunity to choose ten top bloggers ……… a difficult decision due to the amount of talent I spot on a daily basis ……….
The rules of this award are....
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity,design,interesting material,and also contributes to the blogging community,no matter what language.
2. Each award has to give the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
All of my blogging sisters have had this award already so I have chosen ten others who I'm passing it onto...
Stash, stash and more stash
All that glitter
Doodles and swirls
Natalie's Creative Corner
A Personal Touch
Cindersmcphee's Random Blog
All of their blogs are fantastic and have provided me with lots of inspiration, so go and check them out quickly!