Sunday 8 March 2009

Chicken Pox!

Morning,

Feels as though I haven't posted for ages, well I haven't I suppose because it has been over a week. Had planned to but unfortunately Lewis came down with chicken pox on Thursday so life has been a bit hectic to say the least! Poor wee soul, he has them everywhere! He had a mild dose of chicken pox at the age of 20 months or so I was told! Anyway, at least once they've gone this time he won't hopefully get them again as he has a major dose of them this time. I've been applying calomine cream and administering piriton and calpol like nobodys business in between scratching myself constantly and trying to reassure him when he's getting upset. Thankfully, he hasn't been scratching too much so hopefully he'll continue not to as he has loads on his face.

My birthday which was last Sunday seems like a distant memory now but I'd like to say huge thanks to Monica, Pam, Joana and Kelly (my SBS sisters) who sent me gorgeous cards. They are posted below. Thank you so much girls, they have been admired by many people this week. Kelly also sent me some gorgeous lime green and pink ribbon, some metal tokens, some clear shape templates and some images amongst which were some of my favourite High Hopes image, Froggy Gift. Our SBS group did an image swap away last year and Kelly sent this image way back then. I loved using it so I am really pleased to have some again. Thank you so much Kelly!

From Kelly:

From Joana:


From Pam:

From Monica:
I made this card very quickly during the week for a friend's birthday. It was a really quick one due to lack of time. I used a Gorjuss Girl image for the first time. It was so easy to colour, I can't wait to use the others. I also decorated the inside as lots of people seem to be doing this now and they look so professional. I kept mines really simple as I didn't really have any time to experiment. I had planned on using my cuttlebug as I haven't had much of a chance to use it, however when I went to use it it wouldn't work. There is no tension in the handle at all and so the rollers will not turn the cutting mat. I'll need to contact the shop Steven bought it from to see what they say. Let's hope they replace it! Hopefully, I might get a wee bit of time today to get some cards done as I have a few birthdays coming up.



I have just splashed out on some copics this morning as I got some money for my birthday. I was planning on buying some promarkers (thanks for the advice Mar & Debbi) but after doing some reading yesterday, I thought why not just splash out when I have some money to spend. I have also bought some charms from ebay too as I have been admiring lots of cards with these recently too. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to buy them.

Well, off now to get various jobs done including some crafting as well as a snooze hopefully later as I have been up a great deal of last night with Lewis. It's snowing here at the moment and very cold outside!

Have a great day whatever you are doing!

11 comments:

Wiccababe said...

poor Lewis - the pox are not nice, all 3 of mine got it over a year ago. Poor Willow had it so bad we could count the dots of clear skin easier than we could count the blisters. Then she got one infected and ended up with an abscess as big as my hand and had to be admitted to hospital to get it drained.

maddy hill said...

beautiful cards you recieved for your birthday ! hope lewis is feeling better !

maddy

Kath Stewart said...

oh poor Lewis....covered in chickie spots....and so sorry that I missed your birthday...big slap on the legs for me....Happy Belated Birthday
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Fe-Fe said...

Sorry to hear about Lewis and his Chicken pox. Hope he's feeling less itchy now and on the mend.

You received some beautiful cards for your birthday, you lucky girl. Sorry I missed it, I will have to wish you a happy belated birthday instead! Hope you had a good one.

Hugs
Fe x

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday for last week! Congrats on the Copics, they truly are lovely. Better than Promarkers too I find. Hope Lewis gets well soon, poor little lamb! ~♥~

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh no, chicken pox suck!! It culd be much worse though, so I guess it's not that bad!!

Any time you'd like osme more images especially your fav, just let me know:-)

Hugs, Kelly

Mar G said...

Aw dear poor Lewis :-( I used a great cream called Aqueous Calamine when Robbie & Rory had chicken pox. Oh its a horrible virus, my 2 both had spots everywhere.
Robbie had them first then exactly 2 weeks later Rory was covered....We were away in our caravan for the Easter hols! (Oh happy days) Lol
Your birthday cards are all gorgeous & the GG card you made is really pretty :-)
Well done on splashing out on your new copics & other goodies!
Hope Lewis is a bit better soon - TC Love Mar x

Meahni Pieterse said...

Gorgeous cards.

Sammi said...

Gorgeous cards!!
Poor Lewis... hope he is feeling MUCH better now!
*hugs*
Sammi
xxx

Mel said...

Sorry to hear that little Lewis has chicken pox, bless him. Lovely card as usual ~ Mel x

Monica said...

So glad you got my card and liked it! Hope Lewis is feeling better by now!