Monday 18 May 2009

Birthday Boy

Morning all,

Well I didn't get around to posting or crafting last night as I had planned! I was exhausted after all the running around with Lewis' party. We had a fantastic day and he was so excited. The kids all had a ball and were so well behaved which helps. Lewis is a Aliens Vs Monsters fan at the moment so I used this theme to create his birthday card this year. It's the only card that I have managed to make recently much to my dismay. I have lots of new Gorjuss Girl stamps that haven't seen any ink yet, I'm just desperate to use them! Anyway here is the card I made for Lewis and one of the birthday boy himself at his party yesterday:
Today I am going to be very busy trying to get through the bulk of my reports and then tonight I plan to relax by getting some crafting done although that will depend on how much I get done! I'm looking for a bit of advice with the Cuttlebug. Santa brought me one at Christmas. I used it once and then it broke! The shop that Steven bought it from refused to do anything about it because she said that I had used nesties in it and that you are not supposed to use them with the cuttlebug! You can imagine my horror when I found this out as that was a large factor in me wanting a cuttlebug in the first place. She suggested that I contact Provocraft to see what they could do. They were great and replaced it for me by sending a brand new one very swiftly. I have had a new one for weeks now but I am terrified to use it. I don't want to go breaking this one too. Anyone got any advice who used nesties in the cuttlebug as well as the embossing folders? I would greatly appreciate it! I think I could be doing with a wee masterclass!

Have a great day whatever you are doing! Hope it's not raining where you are! :o)

Lainy xxx

14 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lainy.

Hugs Riet.

clare said...

WOW..what a great card TFS

so glad to hear Lewis had a brill birthday.

sorry cant help with cuttlebug..wish i had one..lol
hope you get some help soon..and you can show us your creations using it.

clare x

Kath Stewart said...

Happy Birthday Lewis and hey these birthday bashes are so exhausting..you look as though you were at one of those soft play centres too.
As for your cuttlebug...I use my nesties all the time and mine is fine....maybe the first one was just faulty....Hugs Kath xxxxx
Try googling Using Nestabilities in your Cuttlebug...there are some great videos online.

Wiccababe said...

ok this is the sandwich I use for the nesties in the cuttlebug....
from the bottom up
A plate
C plate
nestie with blade pointing up
card/paper to be cut
B cutting plate

if you want the nestie to emboss at the same time you may need to slide in an extra sheet of card

love the pics of the bairn and his card - what a wee cutie
xx

cardsandacuppa said...

Happy Birthday to Lewis! Lovely card and good to know the kids behaved, makes the whole party thing so much easier ! I use nesties in my cuttlebug all the time, This is my sandwich from bottom up IYKWIM!
*A Plate
*B Plate
*card to be cut facing up
*Nestie facing down, (so you can positon it easily around image!)
*C Plate

As for the embossing folders if they are cuttlebug ones they go between the two 'B' plates which is on top of the 'A' plate, you may want to get a spare set of 'B' plates and keep them just for embossing as once you start cutting they get marked (normal, don't panic) but the lines show up when embossing,
Whew I think thats it, any other questions email me! ENJOY!!
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Mar G said...

Lewis's card is gorgeous, bet he loves it?!
Well Done :-)
No wonder you were exhausted after the party, its a lot of work.
Glad you've got your new replacement Cuttlebug, the first one must've been faulty?
The beauty of the Cuttlebug is that you can use other brand dies! (Look in the centre pages of your user manual)
The girls have given you good advice too.....One thing I'll add though is that you'll hear a cracking sound when using the nesties but.....DON'T PANIC cos thats normal!
Good Luck - Mar x

Kelly Schelske said...

Lewis's birthday looked awesome, bealted birthday wishes!!

I use my nesties in the CB all the time and do just what Sarah-Jane does. I have broken my B plate before, but not my bug and I've had it since they first came out....

Hugs, Kelly

Meahni Pieterse said...

Great card and I love the idea itself. Must try it some time. I'll be sure to come back and have a look see at it again :-)

Anki said...

What a cutie! Wish you good luck in my blog candy as well. Kram - Anki

Anonymous said...

Lainy,there is something for you on my blog.....

Wiccababe said...

have left you a wee something on my blog
xx

Mar G said...

Wee something on my blog for you too Lainy ;-) Hope you are ok? x

MarkerGeek said...

Great card! Hope Lewis had a great birthday!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment! Good luck in the candy draw.

My Cuttlebug broke at the start of the year. As you did, I phoned Provocraft and they sent a new one out immediately, no hassle. I was so relieved! I use the same sandwich as Sarah-Jane when I use my Nesties, and I use Nesties ALL the time. Since yours broke on the first use, I wonder if it was faulty.

Lauren said...

I find your blog inspirational. I love your stuff! I have left an award on my blog for you...

http://lem-photography.blogspot.com/

Lauren