Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Morning,

At last I'm on holiday and finding some much needed time to craft! Hurray! Our school review went extremely well and this week I've just been trying to chill out a little and recover from the stress and preparation involved in it all. We're now looking ahead to our HMI inspection which is due just after Easter, which isn't long but it would be great to get it over and done with before the summer holidays as we have had such a big build up to it for the last year and a half!

Anyway, on to cheerier things. Here is a card that I made for Steven for Valentines Day today. Unfortunately, he is unwell with tonsilitis the poor soul! Hopefully his card cheered him up!

I made this card using a digi download of Ian and Anya from The Greetings Farm, the gorgeous papers and sentiment are Old Fashioned Girl kit from Pink Petticoat loveheart buttons are from paperchase and the black cord from IKEA. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Think I'll need to get some of the Greetings Farm stamps as the images are so sweet.

Hoping to pop back on later to post some other bits and pieces that I've made this week. I have two birthday cards to make for tomorrow and I'm planning on doing this weeks Penny Black Challenge as I haven't done it for ages. I bought a new Penny Black stamp last weekend so I'm looking forward to using that!

Have a great Valentines Day whatever you are doing!

6 comments:

Danni said...

Very cute card!!

Mar G said...

Hiya Lainy - Bet you are SO glad to be on holiday!
Glad to read your school review went well, fingers crossed the HMI inspection goes well too ;-)
Hope you enjoy your much deserved crafting time & that you get a wee play with your Cuttlebug!
Lovely card you made for Steven....Bet it made him smile :-)
Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations later....Have missed you posting! (Know you've been awfi busy though)
How's Lewis & his musical instruments? (Lol)
TC - Mar xoxoxox

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous valentine card for hubby and I'm sure it cheered him up...love the cute image and we would love to see you on PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Happy valentines day to you hunny. Hope you've had a fabulous day. Its been so cold here tonight, im sitting on my heater trying to keep warm!! i love the card you made for hubby, i bet he loved it too. Hope you have a great weekend, hugs Linda x

Sammi said...

gorgeous card!!! .. those two are so sweet! Hope Steven is feeling better soon!
Great to hear the review went well! Yay for a holiday - you deserve it!!
*hugs*

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Lainy, love that image!!

Hugs, Kelly