Tuesday 17 February 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Afternoon,

I'm posting again! Going to have to try and keep this up as I feel great for once being able to come on here and post on a daily basis instead of once a fortnight! Don't know how long it will last though!! I am sitting here thinking of what I have to do in preparation for going back to work tomorrow. Yes tomorrow, just a short holiday for me! I wish we had a week off like other councils but hey not long till Easter.

I decided that I would have a go at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week seeing as I have some time to do it and I loved the look of the sketch set by Nat. It was a fab sketch and really easy to work with. I enjoyed making my card and didn't fuss as much about what was going to go where. I used my new Penny Black stamp "Duckling" which didn't need much colouring and I rotated the sketch. What do you think?

Off now to see what other challenges I might be able to have a wee go at before I start to get my head in gear for work. Boo!

Hopefully, might be back later tonight, if not definitely tomorrow, that's my challenge!!

17 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Lainy, i love the cute Duck and beautiful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Danni said...

What a cute card!! Great job!

Wiccababe said...

lovely card Lainy, I'm really enjoying seeing all these bright citrus-y colours
hope you get more crafting done than I have today
xx

Helen Ding said...

Lovely card, very cute stamp

tracie said...

Oh Lainy what a gorgeous card, love this cute Duck and fab papers - great work.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Allison said...

this is so cute
AllisonX

Kath Stewart said...

wow Lainy...got the link first time and fab card for the sketch..love the papers and your cute duck.......great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxx

Lia said...

gorgeous card I love the stamp and the papers

Shell said...

Cute card love the image I nearly bought this one but got a hedgehog instead. Shellx

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Lainy, love that image:-)

Hugs, K

Mar G said...

Great card Lainy....Love the image & the bright spring colours, really cheery & uplifting :-)
WD You - Mar x

Gillian said...

Just love that image, he's so cute. A beautiful fresh card.

Gill x

TCake said...

cute card lainy...hope that your well...been catching up on your blog... glad that you enjoyed strictly!...hugs Tx

Stacey said...

Super cute card Lainy, love the DP. Gets me in the mood for spring! ~x~

Manda said...

Love the card!
I have been at a stand still this week.
Have left something for you on my blog x

Mel said...

Hello Lainey, Fab card, cute image ~ Mel x

Sammi said...

ooh.. this is just darling :)